Complete France Forum

Motor Racing Opportunity *!*!

Andymr

Hi guys Having received some useful information elsewhere on the forum ref my sport of motor racing course de cote (speed hillclimb) I thought I might put my thoughts here.

I competed in the UK for five years in the ASWMC championship before moving to the Dordogne this year.

My best result was 15th out of 132 in the 2005 championship, as I didn't start motor racing until I was 50 not too shabby really.[:$]

Next year I shall return to the UK for some events but hope to compete here in a dozen or so climbs.

Here's the rub, in the UK the sport is fantastically friendly, fixing each others cars, lending kit etc and plenty of banter. France however is I'm sure just as friendly but my French is poor and my mechanical skills,well lets say fair.[Www]

I would love to share the experience with a like minded soul, even a shared drive if they have the necessary licence. (My OH and boys love the sport BTW).

No special requirements needed just fair french (better than mine hopefully), willingness to get hands dirty (occasionally) and a love of motor racing.

What have I got? well I have a motorhome for towing, all the necessary bits and tools and obviously the car. The race car is a highly modified and powerful (240bhp) Peugeot 205 gti and frightens me to bits, but what a buzz.[:-))]

Any takers? please dont think I'm a professional my motto is:

'catastrophic loss of talent at the crucial moment'[:-))]

Sportivement

Andy

Andy

Am just leaving for England for a week so will contact you on my return.

I have competed in a hillclimb in the Pas De Calais (under guise of demonstration run) with a group of friends since 1997, and it was the reason that Ii first got interested in moving to France.

I intend bringing my road/race car over before the next event, and will make contact with you soon to let you know how we got involved and how you could do the same in your region.

Archived