Complete France Forum

insect book

Guest CFrost

Guest CFrost

Hi everyone, didn't know where to post this question, so given most creepy crawlies are found in the garden I thought I would try here first.  I am trying to buy a book which covers the insects and general creepy crawlies found in france.  As we have a dog, I don't wany her to 'eat' anything she shoudn't.  If any one out there knows of a book and where I can get one from, it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried searching Amazon, but no joy! Many thanks in advance

Kimberley

Chadeniers 17

I have the Collins book and I have to say that it doesn't cover nearly enough - I see many, many more insects than I can find in its glossy pages. 

If you can cope with reading French try amazon.fr and the following webpage - looks like there is a choice of 3 with much greater coverage.  Maybe I'll ask for one for my birthday as I am an avid wildlife spotter and identifier!

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/402-4679663-6747303

Valerie

I had a lovely book on caterpillars when I was a young lad back in County Kildare. My favourite caterpillar is the Hairy Molly! It is marvellous how they become beautiful butterflys aint it?

I love Ladybirds!  When I was 9, I had a pet Ladybird called Brenda, We went everywhere together, she even went to school with me in a customised matcbox. It is very easy to conceal a Ladybird about your person without anyone knowing you are in possession of a Ladybird because they are so small and so quiet, you just can't hear Ladybirds! There was a lovely book on Ladybirds with a red cover and black spots on it.

If I ever get another Ladybird, I shall call it Bernice!

Archived