Complete France Forum

toms

Gyn_Paul

Can anyone get cherry tomatoes to ripen in a whole set? if I leave it until the bottom ones are ripe, the top two are past it. Is it only the commercial growers who can manage this or am I missing a trick?

Also, some of the sets on the lower branches are going from green to black with no intervening edible point:     help! 

p

I've wondered the same myself.....thought of putting the whole branch in the fruit bowl next to bananas, the green ones might catch up then.. OR......if you put avocados in a brown paper bag in the dark they ripen, this also works for green tomatoes, could be an idea?

Just don't forget them , it could be messy.

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]Can anyone get cherry tomatoes to ripen in a whole set? if I leave it until the bottom ones are ripe, the top two are past it. Is it only the commercial growers who can manage this or am I missing a trick?

Also, some of the sets on the lower branches are going from green to black with no intervening edible point:     help! 

p[/quote]

Why do you need them to ripen en masse ? They are for eating not works of art. We just pick/eat as when indiviuals turn red.

John

not

Archived