Complete France Forum

Polytunnels

Sunshine

Hi

The cost of new polytunnels is so expensive, I am working on my husband to build one for me as you can buy the plastic in most places.  I have trawled through websites and adds etc.  If any one knows where there is a good second hand one, or where I can buy direct at knock down prices please let me know.    I  will volunteer my husband to dismantle one.  But don't tell him as he doesn't know yet!.

They are mad prices aren't they!! I was looking into getting one last year.

I  also decided  to make my own, it'll work out so much cheaper. Although i haven't though about it for ages until i read your post! I have added it to the to do list!! And i haven't even begun to plan this years veggie patch.......

Sunshine,

We have made our own fleece and poly tunnels very easily and fairly cheaply.  You buy the flexi poles (ours are light green) and the clips that garden centres sell.  Cut the poles to the length you want, to make the hoops.  The fleece then goes over these hoops and the clips anchor it to the hoops.  I might be 'teaching grandma to suck eggs' and you already know all this but it took us quite a while to realise that this was the way the French made their poly tunnels.  We were looking for something along UK lines or the ready made tunnels.  (Arm and a leg job)!

Archived