Complete France Forum

Permission for planting a hedge.

Ysatis

Hello all,

Does anybody know for absolute sure, if you need permission to plant a hedge.

I have done a search of the forum and can't see anything to answer my question. I have written to the Mairie, no reply as of yet. I have submitted a Déclaration Préalable for permission of a fence and some gates and included the hedge just as a precaution. But I have the chance to go to France in about 3-4 weeks time (to plant the hedge) and seeing as I've only just posted the DP off, I won't know of it's outcome before I want to go.

Regards,

No you don't need permission to plant a hedge but it must be inside your land, which is not the edge of the road. In fact it is usually required to be a certain distance from the edge of the road and the roots at least 50cm inside your land.

Not more than 2 metres high.

What commune are you in?

Chris

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying, a problem with my password to log on, all sorted now. 

Thanks Judie for the information.

Thanks for your kind offer Chris, I think I maybe ok but if I get stuck I will take you up on your offer. And if I remember from another thread, yes, you are just up the road.

And thanks valB for passing on my message.

I've since been in contact with the Maire and have got all the required info and rules, so it will be all systems go in a few weeks. I hope it doesn't rain too much!!

Regards,

Archived