Complete France Forum

Taxe fonciare and professionelle

Yvonne

Help...[:'(]

We have renovated an old 12 bedroomed hotel with bar and restaurant and now run as a 5 bed chambres d'hôtes.

Apparently for the taxe fonciare and professionelle we are still paying as though classed as a hotel (despite changing our classification with the CCI).

The impot dept tell our accountant that there is no difference in ratings and we must contine to pay the same amount and be classified as hotel.

Does anyone know if thi is correct? I find it hard to believe that a cdh is classified the same as hotel, bar, restaurant??

Thanks

Abi

I would also be interested in the outcome of this.

I am currently renovating and old (derelict) hotel, it will in time become appartments but for the moment I am reduced to living in a tent on the ground floor.

I think that I am still paying the commercial tax fonciere but does anyone know what part of the bill indicates the rating status? and whether it can be reduced for non commercial occupation?

An update on this situation, in case anyone else is interested.

We have discovered that we can be excluded from taxe professionelle for 5 years as we live in a rural area. The impots dept weren' t going to tell us baout this, only came to light after our accountant hassled constantly!

As regards the extortionate amounts we are paying, we found out that our valeur locative has increased by more than 400% over the last 4 years!

We have a meeting tomorrow to request that this value be reassessed as it was originally based on hotel, restaurent, bar.

Fingers crossed...... there is, of course, the possibility that with re-assesment that ti could increase rather than decrease!!

Abi

I am no expert. But my understanding is that you can apply for a 2 year exemption on Tax fonciere following the renovation of a property. This applies from the 1st of Jan following competion date.

Also I thought you are not liable for tax professionelle if you are letting holiday accomodation?

Archived