Complete France Forum

help?

wild geese

Hello Gite owners,

My wife and I now live in the Domme area of France.  I know I’m only a home owner and not a Gite owner but I have a problem that I’m sure some of you must have encountered at some time or other. My toilet is blocked and we have tried all the usual remedies to the point of cutting new 100mm pipe  to size, and 100mm plastic pipe cementing and replacing all the soil pipe work from the toilet to the soil stack or rather should I say my wife has under my directions.  You see I’m a stroke disabled ex-plumber so I know the score.  It's still blocked.  There is only so much myself and my wife can accomplish before we call the French equivalent of “Dyno Rod” in to sort it out, on the French holiday fortnight lovely. 

Our sewage is connected to a mains at the main road but like most houses built in 1985 the codes of practice about how deep to bury the soil pipe in the ground on your property, and how to connect to the sewer was sort of guess-tim-ation on the builders part.  A case of, yeah, that looks about right, I think.  And we found the main pipe going from our house off our property  to the main sewer on the road just 12” below ground level at the side of the drive while planting a shrub

Much as it goes against my better nature I feel able bodied professionals need to be called now, this is our only option so who should I call in this area and better still what, in French spelling in the yellow pages, are the equivalent guys like “Dyno Rod” to call?  Help someone please please ahhhhhh???? 

Regards 

Geoff    

Archived