Complete France Forum

Large paddling pools - to fill / not

Ejc

Hi,

We're coming out next week and have one of those large paddling pool thingys - we're on well water, so I was assuming we'd be OK to fill up the pool - but just wanted to check with other members here if with the ban in place we're OK or not.....

thanks

[quote]ban covers well water as well as mains water. Pools of ANY type cannot be filled with ANY water.[/quote]

Well I wouldn't go as far as to say ANY water. We in 23 have the ban on using any potable water (mains or well) to fill a pool. But there is nothing about capturing water from the roof.

We have just bought (in fact bought a while back but just had delivered) a 24' x 12' blow-up splash pool - I would hesitate to call it a swimming pool - and, after I've assembled it, I shall spend the day rummaging around for bits of piping, pumps, and my biggest tarps.

According to the literature, it holds an astonishing 20,500 litres which means if we have 10 mm of rain I shall only need an area of tarpolin only slightly smaller than the entire comune and it will be full!

I'm praying for a weekend of thunder-storms !

paul

Archived