Complete France Forum

Have Aquasensor just "shot themselves in Both Feet"?

Poolguy

Good question ..

I think that they may have done just that.

For a notice has been sent around to all retailers saying the following:

Il peut exister un risque de non detection dun poids de 6kg

Enfant de 4-6 mois tombant perpendiculairment a la margelle dans certaines

bassins, a lexception de ce cas, lalarme est conforme a la norm NF P90-307/a1

Now this to me says that their alarms only comply if the infant is over 6 kgs or falls into the pool diagonally....

Are they kidding?????

That's the biggest load of nonsence I've read since Alarms were first included in the list of compliant devices.

So for those people who have AquaSensor, you may still be found to be non-compliant (what a waist of money)

Also, and more importantly, its eveidently that this device will not do its job and warn of a drowing in progress in all cases.

I recommend that owners should choose another form of security before

there is an incident in which their device has been found wanting.

I recommend (as always) a security cover as the best alternative.

Andrew

I couldnt understand what a 4/6 month old baby would be doing by the pool alone.  My grandson has only just started to crawl at 11 months.  We redid the test with a reduced weight and the alarm still worked.  What annoyed me was them saying if it didnt and it was between 0 - 3 months old they would give 200 euros to buy another, if 3 - 6 months 150 euros and over 6 months 100 euros.  What happened to the 2 year guarantee?

Previous to this, our alarm stopped working and the retailer changed it, no questions asked. So they were obviously aware of the problem.

Archived