Complete France Forum

Indoor Pool

Georgie

Thanks for your comments.   We are aware that condensation can be a problem, but have been told that as long as you have a humidifier man enough to deal with the problem, and you do not go in for a glass roof (which was our original plan), then we shouldn't have too many problems.   What does your cousin think caused his condensation problems?

Another problem with indoor pools is that outside july and august, when you need somewhere cold to jump into, is that they don't benefit from being heated by the sun, and that unless you have some form of heating, they are practically unusable.

A friend in our village has exactly this problem with her indoor pool.  It has oil fired heating, which costs a FORTUNE to run, and her guests are always complaining about the cold pool.

Personnally, I would only have an outdoor pool[:D]

All of these problem are solveable.

Heating the pool, --evacuated tube solar panels.

Humidity  ---- not so problematic with well designed ventallation, venting funnel, or electric dehumidfying

The material you choose for the pool house needs to be able to cope and so does the water quality equipment, as the requirements are a little different.

If you want some help with any of these issues then PM me;

Andrew

Poolguy - I nearly said to the original poster 'this is a job for Poolguy'.  Where have you been?  I haven't seen any posts from you for ages.

Georgie - Poolguy is very knowledgeable and helps us all out on the Forum.  You should do a search (type in the words 'indoor pool' in the box on the right hand corner) and you will get lots of information.  I've done it for you - see link below:

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=indoor%20pool&f=&u=

Archived