Complete France Forum

Hors sol pools

Acoustic

I need to order one of these in the next day or so.  Reading other posts I have more or less decided against the ones with a blow up ring around the top and also the ones with a metal frame so I am probably looking at one with metal sides which we can possibly build a wooden shell for at some point.  I'm looking at a smallish one, probably about 5m round or a little larger if I go for an oval one. 

Having had a standard in-ground pool when we lived in Spain and having seen the various problems neighbours had with their various systems I have a few definite requirements, ie a sand filter and a skimmer.  The Intex ones come with the skimmer but only a cartridge filter (which I would prefer NOT to have) and GRE appear to come with the sand filter or with a cartridge skimmer but not both.  I may be reading the information incorrectly and therefore wonder if anyone has either of these systems and can comment on them or give me some advice?

We have an Intex cartridge filter system  with a skimmer and it needs to be changed every month at least as they do get soiled. You can actually wash them and re-use them once the bits and pieces have been removed but at only a few euros each its not worth the cost of the water. Never had any trouble in the past three years although next year we may change to a more permanent fixture and larger than the 6m.

Archived