Complete France Forum

Vitamins, drainage, etc.

Lori

Have decided to begin taking vitamins as I am getting older and think it would be a good idea.  I suffer from arthritis - joint pains and they are not getting any better.  Also have picked up a kilo or two and would like to get rid of them.

Has anyone ever tried any of the "drainage" products designed to rid you of toxins and excess water weight?  I am not looking to take something to make me lose weight.  I know that will come from diet and exercise.  I simply thought with all the products out there, perhaps there are one or two that actually do help keep you healthier.

I did a web search on products and found several sites where they listed them by product name and how effective or not they were.  However, the sites I found were from the U.S.A. and I haven't been able to find the same products here.  I did buy one this morning and have taken the first vial, but I expect it will take weeks to see if I feel any better, worse or same.  The product I bought has Radis Noir in it.  Smells and tastes just yummy ..... ugh

I also bought a multi-vitamin, Vitamin C, and Magnesium to take.  Was told to take each vitamin seperately (say a.m. midi and p.m.) for better absorption.

Anyone have any recommendations of products that add to your health??

Thanks.

Hi Lori,

Glucosamine sulphate is supposed to be good for arthritus, joint pains etc.

I take it and while I cannot claim to be totally pain free, my intake of pain killers has reduced significantly.

FRiends have said it is the only complimentary medicine that their doctor in the UK would suggest.

So maybe worth a try.

Viva - I took the fish oil pills for a year or so.  They did help, but now, I find the pain is worse and those little smelly fish pills cost 24 euros per month from the Homeopathe in Carpentras.  I guess I am trying to find something that helps my overall health, not just the arthritis as I have come to find out that the anti-inflammatory drugs are the only ones that really make the pain go.  But, I refuse to take these medications until I absolutely have to.  I hate taking prescription medicines.  Thought if I could boost my bodies overall health, it may help me feel better all round.

For about 2 months as part of a diet I have been eating lots of fresh salmon, tinned tuna and lettuce plus lots of melon. No coffee just green tea and water, must confess havent given up the wine. I feel healthier than I have done for years and have colour in my cheeks.

Jan

Lost in the Lot

Eating lots of salmon - if farmed - could shorten your life - look at the results of tests and the UK Gov recommendation for eating farmed salmon - I think the US one is 2 ozs per month - just do a Google search - they use such toxic chemicals on farmed fish that pregnant women have been told to eat none at all. I eat the pink wild salmon that you can buy in LeClerc. I know that this probably has mercury in it (as I imagine has every fish in the sea) but it is supposed to be safer. It is better to eat sardines and other fish with bones in preferably in Olive oil as this has been found to have a compound similar to ibupfofen. The bones are full of calcium.

I have given up on all vitamins and minerals out of bottles. I take 5+ fruit and veg a day and eat well. The only thing I have problems with is Calcium - but then supposedly 15 mins a day of sunlight on the hands and face - without any protection - is supposed to take care of the Vit D which helps produce it but I might have got that wrong, I was so startled to be told to sit in the sun without any protection on a daily basis (NOT midday sun I might add).

We took all the vitamins for years - and still got all the colds and the odd dose of flu. My arthritis is now a lot better and I only take the drugs prescribed for the TN - but they are so strong they probably deal with everything.

I think the fact that we grow most of our veg and tonight the brocolli was 10 mins from picking to pot has a lot to do with it.

If we had developed needing bottled vitamins they would grow on trees. Well we got the grapes and cows and from that managed to produce two items of food that are not only pleasant but very good for us in moderation.

Mind you, I am probably not the right person to take advice from, as after 30 years of head pain I am finally almost totally pain free - amazing what NOT having your medical notes does - it makes doctors look at you for the first time and not read and follow the previous doctors incorrect diagnosis.

Stay healthy, I now need to get fit - virtual gym anyone?

Lori,

I have taken the glucosamine with and without Chronditin (sp??), with and without MSM, with and without vitamine C - just depends whose is cheapest at the time - and prices do vary a great deal.

I get mine mail order - if you do a Yahoo or Google search on Glucosamine you will come up with hundreds of hits.  I use a firm in the Channel Islands - very quick, very efficient, but for some reason they are not allowed to send glucosamine to my address in Germany - only to France.  If you cannot find them pm me and I will give you the web address.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Andyh4 - I have seen the Glucosomine here at the BIO store, but it runs around 48 euros for about a month's supply.  Is this a good price??

And I thought those fish pills were expensive...

Looks like a very good deal ....................................for the BIO store.

Current offer from my supplier is under ten pounds for 120 day supply - say 20€ with postage.

I suspect you may be able to do even better than that by shopping around.  Me? well life is too short..........

Archived