Complete France Forum

Carte Vitale

rico

finally received my Carte Vitale today. It says on the card valid from 22/07/2008 and should be valid until Jan 2010 which is when my E106 runs out, however on the paperwork with the card it says a partir du 31/03/2009 which i presume means valid till, or have i got this wrong. Could it be that it has to be renewed then or do they send you another card to last until Jan 2010. Any help would be greatly appreciated before i get on the phone to them.

Thanks Clair, my french is not too good at the moment, the whole sentence reads "carte a mettre a jour de preference a partir du 31/03/2009 ou en cas de changement de situation. On the card it reads emisele 22/07/2008.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm glad you received your Carte Vitale... we have been waiting for ours since end of February!  I keep going back to the local CPAM office to be told that it will be coming soon.  6 weeks ago I received a letter telling me that another letter would be arriving that would ask for a copy of my passport, photograph etc but still not joy.  How long did yours take to arrive and any deas on how I can speed mine up???

Hello,

Although CPAM offices issue a social security number to E106 holders some of them do not issue a carte vitale as, by definition, the form has only temporary validity.

Regards

Owen

pjowen@expathealthdirect.co.uk

Archived