Complete France Forum

Cost of insulin and related items

Jim1450

Many thanks to those who gave advice on my only previous post and now I'm looking for help with the following. We have now sought advice around medical insurance, obtaining a S1, possible reimbursement of fees etc etc and it was much better than we thought.

The company I spoke with advised that as we have 2 years to plan our move we should start to budget for if not set cash aside/start saving for my wife's medication costs in the period between the expiry of the S1 and the 5 year residency application because of her being a type 1 diabetic we won't get cover for that (as we realised).

Does anyone know the current cost for NovoRapid penfil insulin, usually in a pack of 5 vials. I know this was raised in an older post around 2 years ago but am wondering what the cost is now. Added to that we will need blood testing sticks and needles.

Her other prescription drugs are Simvastatin and Ramipril so if anyone has any idea of the cost of these this would also be welcome.

Or if anyone knows the telephone number of an English speaking Pharmacist (my French isn't that good yet) I'm quite happy to call and discuss

Regards

Jim

[quote user="Jim1450"]

Does anyone know the current cost for NovoRapid penfil insulin, usually in a pack of 5 vials[/quote]

Is this it? http://www.eurekasante.fr/medicaments/vidal-famille/medicament-gp698-NOVORAPID-100-UI-ml-cartouche.html

Manufacturer's website: http://www.novonordisk.fr/documents/article_page/document/Produits_Medicaments_NovoRapid_FlexPen.asp

I have a question, as they will not cover for her diabetes would they cover her for any possible illnesses that were diabetes related?

I only ask as when I was in hosptial they stuck me with in endocronology and everyone else on the ward had diabetes related problems. My 10 days cost 7000€ 3/4 years ago for a 10 day stay without any operations and just very basic tests.

Archived