Complete France Forum

New arrivals- healthcare advice desperately sought! Thank you

TheFitzs

Well not unmitigated, surely, let's not scare them! Worst case scenario IMHO is either they have to take out 5 years private healthcare for the family, or if they are in fact working here, their company would have to set up some sort of French business entity through which to employ them and pay them a salary plus social security contributions.

But deffo better sorted out before the move, and deffo expert advice needed, it's not something to entrust to the average UK tax advisor.

Eurotrash, I am thinking more about the tax and social security implications in terms of unmitigated disaster, as it is not unheard of for individuals having to pay social security contributions in two countries on the same salaried income, which unlike tax cannot be offset against each other.

[quote user="EuroTrashII"] ................when you're dealing with the likes of cpam and urssaf and the impots. They like things very clear and nicely in line with the regulations, otherwise their mouths curl down at the corners, they shake their heads and they hand your dossier back to you.[/quote]

[:)][:)][:)]

They've been known to do that when everything's clear cut, let alone the OP's situation!!

I am now wondering why there is a sudden panic. The OP says that they have owned a property in France since late 2010, so enough time to get everything sorted out including health care and learn quite a bit of french. So why come on here in a panic?

[quote user="EuroTrashII"]Sorry, just read Will's post - I thought that to be eligible for an E101 it very definitely has to be your intention to only stay temporarily in another country, and you have to have a permanent home continuously available to you throughout the period you are away, which you intend to resume living in after your time abroad? Several years ago when I moved over I applied for an E101 and got one and then decided to go AE after all - but I seem to recall having to identify exactly what accommodation I had permanently at my disposal in the UK.[/quote]

You are right of course. That's certainly how the E101 worked; in theory it's temporary, but there's no reason why you can't change your mind about going back at the end of its validity - as we both did.

Neither, I think, is it quite as simple as keeping a home available, you can rent out your house (as we did), or you may be renting yourself, and in France 'between tenancies'. The important thing is to maintain ties with UK, which might work for the OP with the nursery premises, though I rather suspect the A1(E101) isn't really appropriate in their case.

The real answer is to ask a professional rather then rely on experience of other people on a forum, because what worked for us quite probably won't work for others. And getting it wrong can be horrendous - if a professional gives bad advice you have some comeback, whereas there is no guarantee to back up forum chat.

The real benefit of discussions like this is that even if they don't point to the right answer, at least they give some pointers about the sort of questions to ask the professionals.

I have to say I have only scanned this thread as I thought I had nothing of real value to add. However I stumbled across a French site this evening opening a (an off shore) business in the UK, so I thought perhaps that they may be able to help, they have a number in London, they may not be able to answer questions about healthcare but I thought they might to be able to answer the questions that have arisen from the complexity of living in France and running (involved in) a company elsewhere. the site is in the following link  http://www.france-offshore.fr/?gclid=CIrhtp74yK4CFeYhtAodb0hRBw

I hope it helps

Archived