Complete France Forum

Applying for CEAM card - problems

Daft Doctor

Hi, my wife is an AE and gets her healthcare via RSI.  She sent all the necessary paperwork to finalise her dossier several weeks ago (including birth cert and traduction assermentée) and has had the birth certificate returned.  We are going to the UK for a week at the end of August and she really should have a CEAM card.  Problem is that the RSI website doesn't recognise her NIR and therefore she can't set up an online account and so order a CEAM card.  Does she need to apply for it through RSI or is there another way?  If not we'll just have to go without one and hope travel insurance will cover any unforeseen mishaps (that I can't personally solve that is!)  Any advice much appreciated.

She needs to contact the RSI and if they cannot get one to her in time, I would be asking for their phone number. IF she ends up in hospital and they want a copy of the CEAM, then if you call them, they should fax the relevent info to the hospital.

Update:  I wrote to RSI and asked for a provisional CEAM certificate to be posted or emailed out.  2 days later it arrived by email.  Mutuelle Existance, who handle the card issue said that my OH's social security number was a temporary one, that's why she didn't have access to an account on RSI's website.  They suggested I sent photo ID and birth cert with translation.  I emailed back saying I'd done this 4 weeks ago and RSI sent the original back to us 2 weeks later.  The lady at ME said she'd look into it asap, but the person responsible at RSI is on hols until end of August, surprise, surprise......... 

The thing that shocked me in France more than anything else when I first arrived, (please bear in mind that we moved on a whim for an adventure) was that no one took over other people's files when someone was on holiday or even off temporarily sick. So that means that the grandes vacances are murder to get anything dealt with. As ofcourse everyone 'knows' these days, but I certainly didn't and had never worked like that.

Daft Doctor, don't forget about Assurance Scolaire, might be in your RAQVAM, if not, school will be giving you an insurance option.

Archived