Complete France Forum

Changing French Doctors

Quillan

Our doctor will be retiring soon and we would like to change doctors while he is still working so if we have any problems our new doctor can ask him.

I know some years ago they changed the system so you actually register with a specific doctor but how do you go about changing. Is there a form you need to complete, can you download the form (whats the URL link), do you have to get the new doctor to sign it, can the new doctor refuse to take you and where do you send it?

Thanks in advance.

When my GP died, the CMU sent a letter inviting me to find another doctor enclosing a form which the new person had to fill in and which I think I took into the office that is not too far from here.

If a doctor has too many patients then he might well refuse to take more as has happened in this area, or simply because he hates Brits[6]

BUT, Quillan, you should try and get your medical records from the retiring doctor. Again, for me it was not a problem as dates and times were given and the whole village simply turned up and got them.

Hope this is of some little help.

Archived