Complete France Forum

Assurance Maladie Website

Gardian

I don't suppose that this will be news for many of you, but I've just 'signed up' and am (so far at least) impressed.

I had to surrender my Carte Vitale 3 months ago.  Nothing sinister, just that up until 6/2012 my entitlement was as a dependent of Mrs G, she having been in receipt of a UK State Pension (and thus an S1) for some years.  From that date, my entitlement was in my own right so to speak, having received my own S1.

My mistake was to ignore the form which turned up inviting me to apply for a Carte Vitale. I thought that I knew better and that since my Soc Sec No hadn't changed, I could do nothing - always the easiest option!  Anyway, after a year it proved impossible to 'mise a jour' my CV at the pharmacie and they said that I'd have to sort it out with the Secu.  Off I toddled and I was duly relieved of the card, given a printed attestation and told that it would all be sorted out. Of course ............... nothing!

So I thought that I'd send them an email to ask what was happening, but that seemed to require me to open an account - basically to access my situation online.  Did that - it took a couple of weeks for them to issue a password, which you have to change to your own one on receipt.

So ............ on accessing my account, I found that there was all sorts of things that I could do, including asking for a new CV. So I did.

Got a reply from a real person within 24 hours saying that they were dealing with it and they'd get back to me.  This is hardly exciting stuff & its early days yet, but promising.

It is very useful for explaining the reasons behind the apparently weird amounts that are reimbursed sometimes.

For example there is 50c to pay on each box of medecines but as you don't actually hand over any cash at the Pharmacie that has to come from somewhere, and it is taken off the amount paid back for something later on such as a consultation..

All that can be followed on the Ameli site.

The amounts that are paid out on one's behalf can be frightening when seen in black and white.

I can also order my CEAM card from it..

[quote user="Gardian"]

Got a reply from a real person within 24 hours saying that they were dealing with it and they'd get back to me.  This is hardly exciting stuff & its early days yet, but promising.

[/quote]

Just received a reply from another real person  - well I think that its a real person, because you couldn't have made their name up!

She said that she has cancelled my CV (well that's all right, because they've got it) and a form is on its way. That's the one to send off with your pic in order to create the card.

We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Gardian"][quote user="Gardian"]

[/quote]

Just received a reply from another real person  - well I think that its a real person, because you couldn't have made their name up!

She said that she has cancelled my CV (well that's all right, because they've got it) and a form is on its way. That's the one to send off with your pic in order to create the card.

We'll see.

[/quote]

Oh no she hadn't.  It was exactly what I half feared - she had cancelled Mrs G's CV !!  I found out when I went to the pharmacie this morning to get her medication and they (politely) said "Non".

So off I went to the local Secu (40km round trip) and explained the sorry tale - it took the poor woman on the sort-of 'triage' desk about 20 mins to unravel what had happened, by which time there was a queue of 20 people backed up behind me. Mrs G's CV was taken off me and exchanged for an attestation: "You'll hear something in due course".

At least I was then able to drop in to the pharmacie and get the medication.

Happy days.  

Typical of  a sensible system failing because the  individual  doesn't do what she is supposed to..

She should have given you a number straight away so you could go into an office and be dealt with at that level, not sort it out herself. That would have left her free to deal with the rest of the queue.

On the whole ours works not too badly but I hate going there because of the tide of human misery that seems to be waiting.

[quote user="NormanH"]On the whole ours works not too badly but I hate going there because of the tide of human misery that seems to be waiting. [/quote]

On the whole ours is excellent but ditto the second part of your statement; I hate seeing disadvantaged people having to stand around and wait ages to be dealt with. There are chairs but they are not for the new arrivals, they are only for those who have made it to the second queue. The very patient elderly, disabled and pregnant deserve better than this.

Sue

Gardian said: Oh no she hadn't.  It was exactly what I half feared - she had cancelled

Mrs G's CV !!  I found out when I went to the pharmacie this morning to

get her medication and they (politely) said "Non".

Gardian, that sounds like the pharmacie refused to give you the medication and ofcourse they should never have done that. However, we look at it, the pharmacie need paying, so if you had paid, then you would have got it.

The CV are a mere convenience, not the be all and end all. Having a valid prescription is essential.

Sorry - I probably didn't make it clear (Norman is a little more au fait with the circs.)

Mrs G has MS and is prescribed a beta-interferon drug which costs c. €900 for 4 wks supply (just 12 injections!) The pharmacie is excellent: we get the ordonnance for 6mths supply when she sees the Prof of Neurologie at Montpellier and we hand it over to them. They ensure that the drug is ordered and 'in the fridge' ready for when I come by.

This morning's 1st visit to the pharmacie just happened to coincide with the culmination of the Secu CV muck-up. And you're right, they need paying for something they had already got in on our behalf in good faith. Impossible for them to dispense without recourse to payment by whatever means.

Equally, I was less than enthusiastic about paying that sort of money upfront for the medication if I could sort it out quickly. I did and there was no problem ............... except untangling the wicked web of the re-issue of both CV's!!

It'll get sorted eventually, but this won't be the end of the saga.  

While I understand that they might be reluctant given the sum involved I have to say that my Pharmacie often just advances me a month's supply of medicine (albeit a lot cheaper) even without a prescription, knowing that it is something regular and that I have an ALD so it will be reimbursed at 100%.

I think yours are being a tiny bit tight given that your wife is in a similar case..

Norman .........

I think that if we'd been up against it (i.e. needed the medication that day), they would almost certainly have handed it over. However, we never let it go that long and I always collect the next 4 wks supply at least one week before its needed.

As it was, as soon as my fears were realised, I just said "Leave it with me - I'll be back later". I was certain that I'd be able to pick up an attestation and also the sooner I got the ball rolling to unravel the mess, the better.

That way, I didn't have to impose on their trust: one day, I might really need it!  

A pharmacist here did tell me that they have a duty to hand over a minimum of medication to meet your needs even if you dont have an up to date ordonnance, which presumably means an out of date one indicating habitual use.

I have obtained boxes of diabetes medication on several occasions by presenting the out of date ordonnance locally, but only a single months supply, whereas I would normally have got three months worth.

• 2 months later...
[quote user="Gardian"][quote user="Gardian"][quote user="Gardian"]

[/quote]

We'll see.

[/quote]

Oh no she hadn't.  It was exactly what I half feared - she had cancelled Mrs G's CV !!  I found out when I went to the pharmacie this morning to get her medication and they (politely) said "Non".

So off I went to the local Secu (40km round trip) and explained the sorry tale - it took the poor woman on the sort-of 'triage' desk about 20 mins to unravel what had happened, by which time there was a queue of 20 people backed up behind me. Mrs G's CV was taken off me and exchanged for an attestation: "You'll hear something in due course".

At least I was then able to drop in to the pharmacie and get the medication.

Happy days.  

[/quote]

On two further occasions they sent me a form with Mrs G's name on it instead of mine!

Finally and after increasingly strident emails from me, I finally got the correct form just over two weeks ago.  CV arrived in today's post.

So it took 7 months to get my CV re-issued. That was hard work. [blink] 

Archived