Complete France Forum

Cost of Mutuelles

idun

How much are they these days, not the full private ones, but the ones when part of the CPAM.

I realise that there are variables as to what cover people take, but still, when people post about moving to France, it is often mentioned that they should take a mutuelle, but never how much.

I suppose for pre retirees not working then they would need full private cover, but that I imagine is very very expensive.

I don't think there can be any one single answer as each person has different elements such as age and (in the case of mine) choice of levels of cover.

To give you an idea mine at 68 years old with high levels of cover for Hospitalisation and 'Medecine de Ville' but low for Optical and Dental cover is 144€ a month.

I believe the Government has promised guaranteed access to a Mutuelle for all pensioners in the future but have seen no details.

[quote user="NormanH"]

To give you an idea mine at 68 years old with high levels of cover for Hospitalisation and 'Medecine de Ville' but low for Optical and Dental cover is 144€ a month.

[/quote]

OH and I are both 65, we have basic 100% cover for everything but added elements for optical and dental as we both have prescription glasses and OH has had quite a few treatments for his teeth; we pay 120€ per month for the two of us.

Sue

I was quoted 40 euros a month for a very basic policy ..100% of sector conventionee , minimal optical and dental.

You no longer need full private insurance if you are an early retiree. The EU court found that the decision to exclude early retirees from CMU was illegal and now once you have been resident for 3 months you can apply. However the caveat is that to be accepted you must be able to demonstrate adequate income or resources.

Archived