Complete France Forum

AOL free offer

3 weeks ago while in France I took out a 100 hour free trail with AOL and gave them my credit card details to start paying after that.  I have managed to loose the disk and any info on the offer.  What I would like to know is there a time limit on the 100 free hours ie one month.  If so I need to cancel the contract until we arrive there in the new year,   I have looked through the French site and can not find where to go to cancel it, I have even looked at the UK site as I figured that I could find where AOL hid the cancel account option I would be better able to find it in French but AOL keep that very well hidden.

So,

Is there a time limit on the 100 hours.

Where is the cancel button

And if I have cancelled will I be able to reinstate the account and username.

Thank you

Diana

Cannot assist much other than.....had AOL pre installed on my first computer, used it for a few months and then changed. Could i get all the AOL stuff off my computer? Could i heckers like. It was a nightmare. Dealing with them on the phone was a nightmare, they'd say one thing and then NOT do another. I.E closing acct down took forever and a day, needed reasons and all that. Eventually managed but had to be very blunt with the 'sales' staff.

Sorry to put a downer on it but be aware you may have to really harrass them and still find your first months money has been taken from acct etc

Archived