Complete France Forum

I have a twin output LNB and an elderly Pace digibox which has no problems receiving everything on the card. The box, however has frequent fits of the vapours and is loath to stay switched on if loaded with a stack of 'favourite programmes'. You go away for the weekend and come back to find one programme, then the rest of a 4 hour tape of blue screen.

So I swopped the Pace with a newer Panasonic (which normally sits in the bedroom set to R4) which only has a ITV/Ch4/5 card.

I transferred the full service card to the Panasonic box and - after a bit of initiallizing and some huffing and puffing I got everything I had before.

Except that now, a week later, it says 'No satellite is being received' when ch 5 is selected.

I find this difficult to believe since I've put the ch5 frequency in the setup menu as the default transponder and it shows a happily locked signal displaying 95% quantity and quality.

If it was saying 'wrong card' or 'not authorised' or 'bog off, sunshine' or something I could understand it, but 'no satellite' ??

Wierd, non ?

paul

Paul

I have the same problem from time to time with Channels 4 & 5, says no signal is being received when all other channels are functioning fine as is the other TV off this dish, I cannot find any reason for it with set up etc either, I have concluded that it may be a intermittent problem with the box or due to atmospheric conditions.  It always puts itself right after being unplugged  for a couple of minutes.

Archived