Complete France Forum

Home page with wanadoo

Hi, is there any way I can permanently change my home page with wanadoo? every time I restart the computer the homepage reverts to wanadoo, also I have just bought a new computer and now I have to type in a password for wanadoo each time, the old one remembered it, how can I set the new one up to remember my password?  Many thanks in advance for any help

Hi

1) Homepage : From internet explorer, tools - options internet - start page -  choose

2)Password : From the Wanadoo control box - configure - protect - leave blank

The actual words may be slightly different with different versions. And I've guessed at the translation from French above.

Bonne chance

Peter

Just to expand on Peter’s advice on changing your homepage – if you’re using Internet Explorer 6 (English):

1.             Get the page you want as your homepage on the screen

2.             Click on Tools | Internet Options… | (select “General” tab) Click on “use current” button in “Home Page”

3.             Click on “Apply” and “OK”

4.             Close “Internet Options”

Thanks for all the advise, I have followed it and yes I can set the home page but when I reboot the computer the homepage is  back to wanadoo, any ideas please?

P.S I can now sign on without having to use the password so thank you for that

Hi Krill,

It looks like your PC may have been “hijacked” by a spyware programme!  Have a look at these articles on the Microsoft support website:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320159

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D2057&query=cannot+change+home+page&x=4&y=14

Do you have up to date anti-virus and firewall software on your PC?  Do a full virus scan of your hard drive and if that doesn’t pick up anything, I think I’d try downloading / running an anti-spyware programme like Spybot or Adaware and see if that finds and removes the problem spyware.

If that works, and you don’t have anti-virus and firewall software, I’d invest in suitable software – anti-virus and firewall software is the first thing I install on a new PC.

If after trying the above you cannot resolve your problem, you may have to edit the Registry as per the instructions on the Microsoft website.

Hope you manage to fix the problem!

Hello and thanks again, yes I do have AVG installed and Spyware doctor, wanadoo is the french version on ADSL, it's not a big problem to me but I just like to find out these things, I have tried English wanadoo as home page but it still reverts to The French on re booting

Are you getting to the net by using the globe on the little red-and-white Wanadoo popup menu with the naff little on/off 'switch'? If so, try accessing the internet via an IE shortcut (you should have one by default on either the start menu or the tabs on the bottom line). Set it up as detailed in earlier posts, and this time it shouldn't default to b####y Wanadoo.fr

Did you find your Email acquired a phantom wanadoo account which wouldn't allow you to 'remember password'  as well? Seems to be some sort of bug in the install software.

good luck

paul

Archived