Complete France Forum

Internet connects on start up

Hi All

I am sure that this is simple to rectify, but since having a lot of virus problems which skybot,  norton etc did not stop or find, ( had default web optimiser page that could not be changed, new toolbars that would not go despite being deleted etc etc ), ALSO I could not do a system restore,  I had to clear 175 "problems" using a scanner called ewido which worked very well. apart from not restoring the bloody control panel on Living France

Since the clean up, my PC tries to connect to the internet on start up but before the wi-fi connection is made.  I have looked at "tools": internet options: connections and the box on there is blank and all the options about never dial a connection , dial  default etc are greyed out, I thought the connection should be here or is this only if a modem is used? A refresh after the wi-fi connects to wanadoo OK , but I would like to manually go on line. AND be sure that the phone line being used is wanadoo's and not some premium rate line in E Timoa  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Ron

Archived