Complete France Forum

PROBLEMS WITH MY SATELITE LMB????

:rolleyesn out last visit to out Peussec home, I decided to move our foss vent pipe & dropped a plastic pipe on the dish.! Anyway, I'm not sure if it was coincidental but, I now can not pick up BBC2 or ITV1, BBC1 - channel 4 & 5 are fine.

I think that it could be that I've lost either the vertical or horizontal channels. I've tried the allingment & seem to have a pretty good signal strength & quality. The strange thing is that the lost channels come back in the late afternoon & then go again.

This has never happened before. IS MY LMB FAULTY? 

Note I did say probably. All LNBs decay over time, the front plastic becomes less transparent. LNBs do not perform as well in direct sun light or when hot. Therefore a marginal situation may improve once the LNB is out of direct sunlight but this improvment would continue through the night. If on the other hand you just have a slight improvement at twilight I did not think it was as likely to be the LNB. The SATCURE sight recommended dousing the LNB with water to cool it down as a test to see if was the LNB.

Archived