Complete France Forum

C Box with Cegetel

I just received and installed a C-Box for faster ADSL connection with Cegetel.  Does anyone else out there have one?  It seems to work a little bit differently than the old 1/2 meg USB connection.  I now don't see the little Computer screen down at the bottom right of my screen when I am online.  I see a computer icon with a green check through it, which I guess means I am connected (since I am).  Also, when speaking to the Cegetel service folks, they told me that I would have to deactivate my Norton Firewall as the C-Box has a firewall built into it and the Norton one would stop me accessing Explorer correctly.  I had to call the Service People for help when I was connecting the C-Box and then having trouble getting Explorer to work - hence the firewall issue.

If anyone else out there has this service, can you tell me if that sounds right to you?  I get really nervous when I deactivate my Norton Firewall.  Also, I forgot to ask the service folks how I can verify the C-Box firewall is operating.  Anybody know the answer to that??  Is it simply that if the box is working and I am connected, I am protected???

Sorry to sound like to dufus, but when the name fits...

Archived