Complete France Forum

Free.fr email set up

Advice please!  Having read the FAQs above, I think this question is still a valid one:  I've set up an email address with Free, but I'm unable to use it because I don't know what the POP server address/name is.  I've tried finding out from the Free website but to no avail.  I've done everything else, and what I've done seems to tally with the FAQ advice, regarding SMTP etc, so hopefully all I'm lacking is the POP info.   Can anyone help please?

Thanks (sorry if I'm being stupid) [:)]

[quote user="Mark"]

Advice please!  Having read the FAQs above, I think this question is still a valid one:  I've set up an email address with Free, but I'm unable to use it because I don't know what the POP server address/name is.  I've tried finding out from the Free website but to no avail.  I've done everything else, and what I've done seems to tally with the FAQ advice, regarding SMTP etc, so hopefully all I'm lacking is the POP info.   Can anyone help please?

Thanks (sorry if I'm being stupid) [:)]

[/quote]

pop.free.fr

smtp.free.fr

Thanks.  Still having trouble though.  In Outlook Express, I've gone to Tools>Accounts>Properties>Servers, filled out the POP and SMTP info, added the 'identifiant' and 'mot de passe' info received from Free, and left the tick boxes unticked, left the Connection tab alone as it seems to default to the LAN setting, and finally checked under the Advanced tab that that the 25 and 110 port numbers tally with my neighbour's (whose Free email connection works!).

Am I missing something?! [8-)]

Thanks again.

[quote user="Mark"]

Thanks.  Still having trouble though.  In Outlook Express, I've gone to Tools>Accounts>Properties>Servers, filled out the POP and SMTP info, added the 'identifiant' and 'mot de passe' info received from Free, and left the tick boxes unticked, left the Connection tab alone as it seems to default to the LAN setting, and finally checked under the Advanced tab that that the 25 and 110 port numbers tally with my neighbour's (whose Free email connection works!).

Am I missing something?! [8-)]

Thanks again.

[/quote]

Well, you could tick the 'remember password' (or your french equivalent) ....  what does it say in the 'connections' tab ?

p

Archived