Complete France Forum

Help needed with PIN/PUK code for an NRJ mobile

I was unlucky to buy an NRJ mobile just before they changed their terms. It has been switched on all the time since then but today I inadvertently switched it off, it asked for the PIN code which I had forgotten but knew that it was still the default one.

I tried several guesses but not the correct 0000 default code, now it is code blocked and asks for my PUK code, I have tried using the IMEI code but it then asks for a new pin, then confirmation, then back to square one for the PUK code.

It does this even if I enter any old code so perhaps the PUK code is not the IMEI code?

My only other clue is that the IMEI code on the phone whilst being the same number as on the documentation has the numbers seperated by slashes i.e  Phone 1234/5678/90, documentation 1234567890.

Can anybody help as all my numbers are on the phone.

There is never a teenager around on the few occasions in life that we need one!

Info from NRJ site (Belgium, but presumably the same).

11. Ton code PUK

Internet = Code PUK par email

Boutique = Code PUK par le service Clients
Par

sécurité, ta carte NRJ mobile se bloque automatiquement après la saisie

successive de 3 codes PIN erronés. Cela permet de protéger ton GSM

contre des utilisations frauduleuses. Si cela t’arrive, il te faudra

saisir un nouveau code (le code PUK) pour débloquer ta carte.

Ce code PUK t’est envoyé automatiquement lorsque tu commandes ta carte SIM NRJ mobile par Internet.

Dans le cas où tu achètes ton Pack en boutique, tu dois joindre ton service clientèle pour connaître ton code PUK.
So unless you bought your card online you'll have to contact customer service.  If you bought online you should have it in an email.

No luck!

One  e-mail with the code to access the web-site but nothing else.

I didn't fully understand the french text quoted, what should I do now?

Is the IMEI number the same as the PUK code?

Can NRJ actually be contacted by phone (home phone that is) or do they only exist in cyberspace?

I can probably comunicate better on the phone in French than by writing (e-mail) but both routes are a bit fearsome for me.

Editted. I should add that they did send me the IMEI number with the delivery but it doesnt seem to work and I am probably close to the 10 times now and will certainly go over it once my "helpfull" french friends start trying and arguing between themselves.

[quote user="J.R."]

Can NRJ actually be contacted by phone (home phone that is) or do they only exist in cyberspace?

[/quote]

Vous êtes déja client NRJ mobile ?

Pour nous contacter :

- depuis votre mobile NRJ mobile : 675 200 (prix d'un appel normal)

du lundi au samedi de 8h à 22h, hors jours fériés.

- depuis un téléphone fixe : 0 892 705 200 (0,34€ min. ttc*)

du lundi au samedi de 8h à 22h, hors jours fériés.

- par courrier :

NRJ mobile

Service Client

69 814 TASSIN Cedex

I bought mine on-line from NRJ and threw everything away except for the letter with the IMEI number on which it said to keep.

Will try phoning them on Monday hopefully I wont have to part with even more money or lose the credit that I bought in advance and havn't used.

Thank you all for your help.

Today I rang the service client number, it was an automated switchboard which I succesfully managed to negotiate and by responding to the commands I retrieved my code PUK. So actually I could have done this at the weekend.

I get the biggest buzz ever here when I overcome the small difficulties which before my lack of language would have prevented. I certainly could not have understood and navigated an automated switchboard in French (I have enought trouble and frustration with the English ones) and would have had extreme difficultys in understanding and keeping pace with the 10 digit number.

So I feel very proud right now!

To anyone else who needs to find their PUK code or maybe does a search and finds this thread, NRJ have set up the service in a very sensible and easy way to understand and it can be accessed at any time.

Archived