Complete France Forum

I'm sure there is a simple answer but I can't find the right button to click !

Last week someone sent me a Kodak disc of pics but to open it I had to install a kodak program, now all my jpegs open in Kodak with no editing options and I have to right click and navigate through Microsoft photo editor to edit and file, how can I make Microsoft photo editor my preference so that everything opens in that automatically, as it used to !

If you right click a piccy in Explorer or My computer screen, go to opens with and then choose programme find photo editor on the list and tick the box at the bottom  Always use selected programme for this type of file....

Should do the trick!

Assuming you are using Windows XP -

1. Open a folder where your picture files are stored, and right click on one of them.

2. Select the 'open with' option.

3. You will see a list of programs. Ignore them, for now, and go to 'choose program' at the bottom.

4. Select the program you want to use for picture viewing/editing, and tick the box 'Always use the selected program to open this type of file'.

5. Click on OK.

Similar files should now always open with your chosen program.

Many installations have a nasty habit of selecting themselves as the default program - as you have found.

Edit - Meg & Mog posted while I was writing and checking my response. Glad we agree.

Archived