Complete France Forum

More probs with Internet Explorer 7

I'm going out on a limb here, but trying this will cost you nothing.
Change your homepage to 'use blank' in the tools/internet options menu, close IE7 and then restart your computer and open IE7 again.
Change your homepage back to BBC, check that it's set to 'automatically check' for newer versions, and then (probably unecessary) restart again.
See if that makes a difference. Do note that going back to a previously loaded tab isn't the same as a new visit.
Good luck,
Steve

It may well be a Cookie problem and I would delete all your cookies. By doing this you may have to log in when entering sites again for the first time but this is a small price to pay. I find that regularly deleting Temporary Internet files and Cookie solves many problems and often speeds up your computer. Go to Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History delete,  delete Temporary Internet files and then cookies. Close down computer and restart.

I hope this solves your problem.

Baz

The only thing I can't get Firefox to do is to run the BBC radio player in 'listen again' mode. That's the only thing I use IE* for these days.

I also find its partner, Media Player Classic (with  updated codecs) plays more or less everything I click on, anywhere (except *.fly files) which is more than can be said for either Real player or Windows Media player.

p

Archived