Complete France Forum

Cheap Calls to UK?

Or by using Voip - at present you can get "sort of" free calls to landlines in the UK, France, Germany etc if you use www.voipcheap.com (NOT ww.voipcheap.co.uk), which is one of the more recent of the Betamax/Finarea voip offerings. The .co.uk variant started with the same offer and then changed after 18 months. I have no connection with the company other than as a user for the last 3-4 years or so.

I am of course assuming that you have a broadband internet connection ....

Regards

Pickles

If you have an ADSL package with Alice/Orange/Free/Tele2 and several others then you will most likely have the option of (or can add the option of) VoIP.

Simply by plugging a telephone into your ADSL Router (which is supplied by your Internet Service Provider) you can access VoIP calls.

Your actual calls cost you nothing to many countries (varies from ISP to ISP) and is, in general, quite good quality.

Personally, I use Alie (the old Tiscali) and its pretty good.

Does anyone have an input on cheap calls in France?

At the moment I am using FT and what was 3U Telecom, which was great: 1 cent/minute to UK at any time and most other EU states same cost.

However - it had to happen! - they have been taken over and are now called 3U-Elephant Communications. And they're idiots! And the service is now C**P![:@]

No point at present in having ADSL as I am not there enough to make it pay: and anyway She Whom Must Be Obeyed has banned me taking the laptop, 'cos she says I won't get any work done!

I know that there are other simple prefix dial-up services out there: which one's best?

Hi GS.

I am using Primus, (www.primus.fr) they have reduced my UK phone bill considerably  10. 1/2 hour calls to the uk plus all the local calls 26€ but you still pay the line rental to F.T.or there is also Cegital they are also quite reasonably. which ever you chose it will be cheaper than the rates charged by F.T.

Mr W.

Hey GS all I got was page unavailable [8-)]?

There is always www.phonexpat.fr  Still have the FT line rental on this too, but calls within France 0.9 centimes/min, UK, Aussy and loads of other places 3 c/min. No prefixes, contract or nuffin.

We have been using them for 3 years now, no problems!!! And if you want 240 free mins to get you going then e-mail me, I will give you my home number to quote and we will BOTH get the 240 free mins [:D]. Good ere init!!

Archived