Complete France Forum

Free.fr Abonnement, physical connections

I have sent of my resiliation to Wanapoo and am waiting (and of course still paying[:)]) to hear when the service will cease so that I can sign up with Free.fr.

As the title suggests I want to know what the physical connections will be as i am in the process of moving the computer etc, I have seen "free"boxes and cables in someones house and it kind of looked wireless but I am not sure.

So where does the main box (I assume there is one) plug in to the phone system, how are the computer(s?), television(s?) and phones interconnected?

Also what connections ar needed on the computer and television, USB, scart, etc?

Many thanks

P.S. I recall something about requiring a seperate phone from the freebox for international calls, ideally I would like to put all the oily bits in my collone locale technique where the master phone socket is.

It depends on exactly which box you will have. You can have a look on this page for manuals of all the boxes. Click and drag the folders to the 'telecharger' button.

Basically, the box has to be near the main phone point and a cable goes from the phone socket to the box. If you want to have free unlimited phone calls, you must use a phone plugged in ti the appropiate socket on the box. For the connection to the computer, you can use ethernet cable or USB cable or wireless. There is a cable to go from the box to the telly if you are able to get telly. If you want to have more than one phone connected, you will have to use a cordless phone with other phones on the same system. As lone as the main phone is plugged in they will all use the Free VOIP calls.

Danny

Archived