Complete France Forum

Sky box Office "Fix"

Never tried this myself but allegedly if have an old Amstrad style Sky box or similar you can connect 9v (PP3 Battery) to the phone terminals and get Box Office programmes.

According to reports up to £50 worth of billing is retained on the box and if you ever connect it to a phone line it will downolad the info and bill your account accordingly.

As I say, never tried it personally nor could I possibly encourage, recommend or countenance such an act [;-)] 

At my closest recollection it was about 1993 when I bought a sky system as a managers special from Currys or somewhere for £40.

The barman at a social club sold me a card for another £40 that was "guaranteed" to get all the paid subscription channels, it was a card that went into the slot, projecting from it was a breadboarded PCB with a PIC microcontroller chip to fool the box that it was a real card.

It actually worked fantastic and I got all the channels for one month until Mr Murdoch got wind of it and at great expense sent out new chip and pin cards to all subscribers.

When I went back to the club (he had after all offered me a lifetime guarantee!) he was helping the Police with their enquiries after conveniently having been bashed on the head and robbed of the takings after a particularly lucrative Saturday night, turns out this chap was extremely unlucky as this had happened to him on his last 2 jobs!

Ahhh, fair takes me back JR, home made PIC programmers, Playstation Mod chips etc.

I bought my first CD writer in about 1992, a magnificent 2x Ricoh which cost something over £400. Blank CD's were £7 a pop and my heart was in my mouth every time I hit the "Go" button to burn one. About a 30% failure rate if memory serves.

You know where I'm coming from I think [;-)]

Archived