Complete France Forum

Re: Teleconnect

I had Teleconnect broadband for 6 months last year and cancelled. I sent my bank an instruction not to pay DD's.

Now I want to start up with Teleconnect again. Is the following correct/OK for the bank? I know there are accents missing, don't know how to do them.

Nous avons decide de renouveler notre abonnement a Teleconnect pour le service haut debit. Ainsi, veuillez agreer le prelevement automatique du Teleconnect.

[quote user="pagnol81"]

Hi Ernie

My point is if I fill in the forms for Teleconnect and fax them off without telling the bank what I am doing, surely they will stop the DD as per my last instruction?

[/quote]

I would say that last time was just a lucky fluke.

For a French bank to follow your instructions on two occasions is beyond credibility [6] 

[quote user="pagnol81"]

I can't be sure the bank followed my instruction. More than likely Teleconnect stopped sending the DD's and I didn't need to incur 15 euros for my letter to the bank.  [/quote]

When we had a problem with a firm that kept charging us twice with 2 different DDs we cancelled one of them via our Bank and were told that the cancellation would only last for 6 months to give time for the problem to be sorted, then would quietly fade away, and the 'stop' would need to be reinstated (at a further charge naturally) if it was still needed at that later date.

Sue

Archived