Complete France Forum

english telephones

[quote user="pachapapa"]A very good chance; assuming that it does not have a dial with holes in it that is used to enter the numbers by rotating it clockwise whilst keeping the finger in the hole.[/quote]

I have a lovely white bakelite telephone C1950s with a dial and  a regular hand piece and a large separate earpiece - I suppose for another person to listen in or in a noisy place you can hear with both ears. Works fine on France Telecom.

It works better than the modern digital thing we have. I did buy it in France though 10 euros at the troc.

I prefer old technology - only got a CD player 10 years ago managed quite well with gramaphones 'til then. In the event of nuclear war I will still have recorded music unless I am am vapourised.

Now the CD is old hat. Vinyl and videos are cheap now so may start buying them now but they won't work after a nuclear explosion.

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]The Gramaphone, will - of course - ensure there's nothing wrong with your diction on those long, cold, post-nuclear evenings when there's no telly!

p
[/quote]

Eye doo howp sew an improov mi spilling two.

Archived