Complete France Forum

free telephone messaging.

My second french house/mobile telephone in 4 years has packed up.They don'tmake them like they use to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have old simple dial and receive phones which I have plugged in now.

Question is I pay for Neuf internet and telephone and naturally france telecom. rental for the line .

Since I now have no message service for missed calls I know you can get some free service from france telecom but is it free if I am using Neuf for my call charges.

Finally what is number you call get the service,

thanks.

If you are looking to buy a new phone try a Siemens Gigaset 260. We got a tri-pack (3 phones, one in the hall, one in the lounge and another in the office although you can get a single or a duo if you don't want so many phones) with no built in answer phone for about 72 Euros from Darty. You can transfer calls between handsets, has a good range, can copy phone directory from one handset to all the others, display flash's when you have a message and to retrieve the messages you just hold the '1' key down like on a mobile. I looked around before I bought them, there are much more 'flash' phones out there but I (well the wife actually) wanted something simple to use with decent keys. I didn't want an answerphone because you get one free with Orange and it adds another 20 Euros on to the price. We have had them for about 3 months now and they are very good and we have not had a problem.

Needless to say I have no connection with Siemens whatsoever.

I have tried *9 but do not get missed calls after making 2 test calls from a mobile phone---why????

I know I can ring 31311 and get last message.

still puzzled -will france telecom  charge for thia as I only pay for line rental?

thanks.

p.s.do not at the moment want to buy another phone as I have a lot of unxepected bills to pay at the moment.

The *9 is from your Neuf "fixed" line, ie your phone connected via your neufbox.  I think FT were 1313 for the messagerie, but it is a long time since I was with them.

Your can also access your messages when logged into Mon Compte, but again it is a while since I did this.

Archived