Complete France Forum

Teleconnect with a mini computer

I'm sure Pierre knows more about this than me, as he obviously "gets" the computer stuff which I don't!  However, my Aspire One (which runs on Linux Lite) picked up both my Alice box and the Netgear router here (in hospital) without problems. If your friend has the codes then the Linux system should be able to do the connection inutitively, and its operating system shouldn't really matter, although I did have to tell it it was a wi-fi connection, not LAN.  But of course Teleconnect may indeed be quite different so I could be talking through my *rs* as per!

It shouldn't make any difference, it is only an ethernet or wireless connection.

If you are indeed talking about the Hitachi router supplied by Teleconnect then all you need to do is connect it all up and try to access any web site. The authentication window should pop up into which you enter the user name and PW supplied then power the router off an on as instructed and that should be it.

The user name should be your full phone number plus @teleconnect.ht.hautedebit and the PW just your full telephone number.

To access the router directly just type into your browser address bar 192.168.1.1

Hmmm this model is supplied in both Xp and Linux flavours.

Why I was questioning the suitability of Teleconnect was that I understood that they wanted you to download their own software to use with the supplied router.  As stated above, you don't have to use this though.

Just a thought if you want to check out the connectivity,  why not go somewhere offering free Wi Fi access (like a McDonalds) and connect from there.  After seeing how it works you can then configure your home router.

Unless you want to connect to the router via USB instead of ethernet, and I can't think of a logical reason why anyone would, then I can state quite categorically that there is no software required for the Teleconnect router.

The same goes for most routers, if there is software supplied then it's probably just for branding and automatic configuration for email etc. as with the Orange Livebox I think. Whatever to OS all you need to do is connect it via ethernet and type into the browser the given IP address.

The only time you may need to download something from Teleconnect is if you were having problems

when they may get you to download a small application to facilitate

remote control of your machine. This I'm sure would not be available

for non Windows environments.

Archived