Complete France Forum

SFR Recharge voucher

Has anyone had a problem with an SFR La Carte top-up voucher with an English (Vodafone) mobile?

Was unable to top-up and told to return voucher to place of purchase. Unfortunately La poste do not refund or exchange vouchers.

Any help gratefuly received

Fandango

I would have thought it highly unlikely that an SFR top up card would work with your UK mobile even if they are the same parent company.  It would mean in effect that every country would have to keep track of every phone on their network in the whole world and the apply conversions for the different tariffs and currencies - horrendous!  Same applies to Orange or O2 or whatever.

If La Poste won't refund (and why should they) I can see some other options.

1) Get a SFR sim card to use in your mobile when in France and use up the credit

2) sell it at a discount to someone who has got a SFR mobile (maybe someone on this forum would like it?)

3) contact SFR for a refund

If none of the above apply then just write it off to experience

Hi Pierre

SFR top-up vouchers have always worked with our Vodafone pay as you go phones, up til now. Even the postmaster couldn't understand it.  Tried ringing Vodafone, they had the same problem  and said their computer was looking for more than the 10 numbers on the voucher (there have always been 10)  Cannot contact SFR by phone or e-mail as they seem to need a  telephone number registered with them. Of course I can get a French Sim card, just needed to top up husbands phone as he is going to London. Mobiles not used very much here. Oh well if no-one has any more help I will just write off my 30 euros, tho I hate losing money

Fandango

Fandango

Are you using an SFR sim card in your phone? if not follow the previous advice.

If you are and your phone has previously worked with the original credit (i.e. not locked) then you may be having the same problem that i had early on when my French was very poor.

The aural instructions told me to type in the 12 digit number on my receipt, the problem was that the large 12 digit number was actually the number of the receiot, the much smaller one was the top up one.

Once again assuming that you are already using an SFR carte sim and phoning the SFR top up number.

Editted.

Just read your response, I would say that the problem lies with Vodafone.

I use my vodafone sim card when in the UK and never knew that I could top up using an SFR card but not sure if i would ever need to or what the advantage would be, why dont you top up over the phone using a debit or credit card?

Further to this, my husband has just tried to top-up with a Vodafone card in London and hasn't been able to use that either, and yes he did switch from SFR to Vodafone. Goodness knows what is happening. More reasons to get a French SIM card I suppose.

Fandango

Archived