Complete France Forum

TALCO ALARM can anyone help?

Hi

Ive recently moved into a house fitted with a TALCO Tyxal40 x2d, and its not needed since theres allways someone in the house. Im trying to unistall it but every time i remove the battery's from a sensor the alarm sounds and im afraid if i take the battery out of the brains the exterior syran will continue to sound.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks

If you really do not want to hear the siren cut a hole in its cover and snip the wires to it.

If you can find the wires to it inside cut them.

Sorry I have a criminal mind apparently - well that's what the burglar alarm man said when he was fitting my system and I said it was easily circumvented.

A lot of sirens have their own battery in the external box,   so cutting the wires to the box merely makes it go off.

It's unlikely it'll do more than 20 minutes or so in this condition. 

The best alternative is to brazenly unscrew the external cover (the alarm will go off of course) and then cut the wires to the sounder or from the battery that's in the box.

Too kind,  too kind.   

Our first alarm was installed by a bunch of cowboys (well,   perhaps they weren't that bad) in London back in 1983;   being me I subsequently took the whole thing to bits and learnt (more or less!) how it was done.

So I've done our two subsequent ones myself.

But it does take a bit of nerve,   even in rural areas,   to go up the ladder and deliberately set the thing off,   even for only a few seconds.    As we have few neighbours I tend to warn them when I'm doing the annual check.

Of course if one knows the "engineer's code" one can normally paralyse the thing indefinitely.

Archived