Complete France Forum

[quote user="Benjamin"]

We've got a single LNB with a box on the back with two feeds coming from it. One goes to our main TV point and the other goes to a termination which I had put into a spare bedroom (it seemed a good idea at the time!).

[/quote]

I did say at the beginning of this thread that I'm not very techy. When people have been referring to twin and quad LNB's I was assuming that these had either two or four LNB's on a mounting bracket which is what I seem to remember you had if you wanted to look at more than one satelite.

Browsing the Satbuyer site I found a quad LNB that is just a single LNB which has four feeds coming from it. If I'm correct does what I describe above equate to a twin LNB, in which case all that needs doing is to redirect the second cable feed which I already have?

Thank you Anton. Now all I need to do is get the technician to re-run my spare cable and I'm home and dry.

Clair's earlier posting has convinced Mrs Benjamin that we need the Humax (why will women believe other women but not their nearest and dearest?).

[quote user="Benjamin"]Clair's earlier posting has convinced Mrs Benjamin that we need the Humax (why will women believe other women but not their nearest and dearest?).[/quote]

Mrs B. clearly is a very sensible woman! What a lucky chap you are! [:D]

If Mrs B. is used to a Sky remote, do tell her to be prepared to make a few mental adjustments before using the Humax remote.

Mrs Benjamin has just had another sensible thought.  [:D]

I've persuaded the man from the local TV shop to come out next week and have a look at our Panasonic box (he's reluctant to look at equipment he hasn't sold ).

Before he comes could I ask if it's possible that Sky, in one of their updates, could have caused a change in the Sky box which now prevents the two boxes talking to one another?

Hi Bob

I am looking to buy the Humax HD PVR to replace old basic Skybox in France. Its the facilities to record 2 programnmes and have an electronic programme guide (EPG) that I like. Can you tell me which reetailer you purchased from as I live in France and the price you quoted seems extremely reasonable if it includes delivery. Looking forward to your reply

Archived