Complete France Forum

Internet Access in Libraries

In England it is possible to get free internet access in a library, for people who live in that area, is it the same in France? If not in libraries do you know of any other place where there might be internet access? The nearest town to my maison secondaire, does not have an internet cafe, and we are a long way from the nearest Macdonalds.

Thank you

Anne

Thank you for the information. I have tried to find the information online, but can't find anything. The reason I am asking, is that I am in England, at the moment, and we are considering having an internet connection in our maison secondaire. Having enquired at French Telecom, it does seem complicated to turn off/cancel, when we are not there, which then makes it very expensive. I thought that for occasional use, a library would be ideal, so I was trying to find out before we go back in August.

Anne

Most McDonalds [Www] have wi-fi, also Toquenelle - the restaurant that attaches itself to most Carrefours also has it.

You may also want to checkout pay as you go wifi dongles which are available.

(edit - just noticed your comment about McDonalds [:(])

Our small town has excellent facilities in the mediatheque, so if we want to use the internet for a fairly long time, we take our computer there. It's free, but the opening times are  not always ideal. Therefore I often go to the internet cafe. A nearby small village has also set up an internet facility. Can you email the mairie?

If not, where are you near? Someone might live not far away and know a place you could visit.

Good luck, Jo

Archived