Complete France Forum

My computer (are they feminin I wonder?) is refusing to speak to me at the moment, the sound has dissapeared and I can no longer enjoy Mohammed the dead terrorist or Mongolian throat singing without sous-titrage.

The last time this happened the little volume icon on my lower toolbar had been muted, now it is no longer there, how should I best resolve this.

As an aside I never actually knew that the computer had an internal speaker and I dont use external ones, I had been happily using it for a couple of years, probably with the sound muted and before the days of youtube etc when one day whilst looking at a web site a strident voice emerged, it near frightened me to death. Full of surprises these puters!

hi ok

hope this works  ,,,go to control panel ...sounds and audio devices    double clic icon   untick  mute box   and tick box  show icon in task bar ....also click advanced and have a look to see any more mute radio buttons are not ticked  if not  click apply and close

Dave

Thanks for all your suggestions.

She, for I am convinced that like my shat-nav I have been sold a feminin mutation, has decided to work as normal after switching on today, icon back on toolbar etc. Of course the mute button might just have been knocked [;-)] thanks Megan.

Mongolian throat singing sounds a bit naff though [:)]

Archived