Complete France Forum

Sky HD Reception

Appreciate some advice. I purchased Sky HD in England and suddenly last month lost all HD and some movie channels but not all. Screen indicated to upgrade to call 08442...., although I am subscribed to full package.  In England last week my agent connected box with original card and they would re enable, and only use my new card when instructed. He contacted twice to send the enablement but nothing changed.  I tried their 08442 number but it does not work from France. My son in England telephoned and said that it must be the transmission signal but they wanted him to operate the box. He said this was not possible as he was away, and would this help when this had already been tried and failed. A few hours later I lost all Sky programmes, tried the new card, and message not authorised given. Has anyone experienced this problem, or know another tel no that I can contact Sky from France. Using a mobile would be the best bet I suppose, so that the call cannot be traced. Thanks.

The usual tip is for someone in Britain -  equipped with a second phone line or a mobile - to ring Sky on your behalf whilst you are on the other line taking instructions and relaying the results back to the "middleperson".    The story for Sky is that your phone is not in the same room as the box.   I really would not phone Sky from France even using a mobile,  their tracing is pretty sophisticated.

I'm not au fait with requirements for the box to be connected to a phone line or not with these "fancy" (and pricey) Sky packages.   It does sound as though your (replacement swap-out) card has lost its authorisation or failed to authorise properly.

If your package requires you -  for whatever reason - to be connected to the phone system,  you are going to be somewhat farci as far as I can see.

Someone else will be along in a minute who actualyl has Sky HD to advise further I'm sure.

Just relieved I have nothing to do with Sky any more.   The recession and trashed  £ saw to that.

[quote user="Martin963"]The usual tip is for someone in Britain -  equipped with a second phone line or a mobile - to ring Sky on your behalf whilst you are on the other line taking instructions and relaying the results back to the "middleperson".    The story for Sky is that your phone is not in the same room as the box.   I really would not phone Sky from France even using a mobile,  their tracing is pretty sophisticated.

I'm not au fait with requirements for the box to be connected to a phone line or not with these "fancy" (and pricey) Sky packages.   It does sound as though your (replacement swap-out) card has lost its authorisation or failed to authorise properly.

If your package requires you -  for whatever reason - to be connected to the phone system,  you are going to be somewhat farci as far as I can see.

Someone else will be along in a minute who actualyl has Sky HD to advise further I'm sure.

Just relieved I have nothing to do with Sky any more.   The recession and trashed  £ saw to that.

[/quote]

Hi,

Apart from incurable sports addicts I don't know why anybody still bothers with all this "cloak and dagger" nonsense just to give their (dwindling) money to Murdoch. You can now get all free to air programmes plus some others, on "Freesat from BBC/ITV,(basic box about £50) who also do an equivalent of the Sky+ box for about £300. There is NO subscription, NO card, NO telephone activation. You just buy a box , plug in and watch, you don't even have to change, or move your dish as it receives all the same signals as Sky.

[quote user="Martin963"]

[/quote]

Looking forward to joining you Martin!  We are embroiled in a row with Sky atm as they took £450 from our account without authorisation and are now refusing to refund.  The sooner we can sever all relationships with Mr Murdoch the better!

Archived