Complete France Forum

Mobile Phone Tarifs

Is it my imagination or is Mobile phone tarifs more expensive here than the UK or Eire.

I've been searching for a forfait bloqué for my Wife. She's a texter and texts back to Ireland a lot. While we can get free texts I asume that is for domestic texts only. They never tell you what an international text or a call per minute costs.

What is the best company to go with for a Text-pat.

[quote user="Gyro"]Is it my imagination or is Mobile phone tarifs more expensive here than the UK or Eire.?.[/quote]No, it's not your imagination.  Check to see if having an Ireland-based package isn't cheaper before getting a forfait here.  LeClerc mobile seem to be one of the cheaper companies, or Virgin perhaps.

[quote user="AnOther"]Sorry, not sufficiently interested to wade through that lot [:'(]

Simple enough question though - how much does it cost to send a text to UK on the Leclerc tarif favoured by those here recommending it ?

[/quote]

As per page 3 of the FICHE TARIFAIRE shown on the link given above:

SMS to the UK @ €0.15

Clair has more patience than most of us, I suspect, GG.  That's why she's willing to take on the thankless job of moderator, I guess.

On many occasions I've been tempted to reply "just google it, you lazy wotsit" to some of the posts on here (I'm NOT referring to the o/p's query here, btw).

[quote user="Gyro"]Thanks Guys; that was most helpful and sounds very reasonable. I'm off to "Electric"now. That's what I used to call it when I arrived in France[/quote]

I think you will find they are shut today, I'd wait till tomorrow. Funny that you should call it "electric" - we did that for years until we moved here to live.

Archived