Complete France Forum

I'm getting an increasing number of calls with nobody there. The line disconnects after a few seconds. Is this automated dialling by a call centre? It's extremely irritating as I am up a ladder stripping wallpaper! I'm getting about half a dozen calls a day now. Anyone else suffering? Anything I can do? I am already on the liste orange.

Thanks

Caz

I bet if you can trace the number it turns out to 0892 00000.

If so it would be (if their system was working properly) a recorded inviting you to touch hache (cant find it on my keyboard) to be put in contact with IIRC Chris your personal fortune teller.

If I received one more of these bloomin calls I was going to tell Chris his fortune! [:-))]

Luckily I found that with my Free.fr connection I can block this as an undesirable number, I have already blocked all with-held numbers which had the bonus making me incommunicado with my family in England who could not understand the message inviting them to unblock their caller ID if they wanted to talk to me.

The only downside is now the phone line could be down for a long time without me knowing, I actually used to quite enjoy winding up the telesales people when I was connected buy nowadays most are just robotically connected calls.

Archived