Complete France Forum

More Livebox problems!

Still having problems with my livebox connection. Turned on the box again today and the new PC found the livebox and it said enter key, No problem entered that and it then says connected. Great I thought but it will not connect to the internet and tried pressing the wireless button on the front of the box, Turning off then back on and made sure all the connections are ok but still nothing.

Tried my old PC the one I'm using now on a wireless usb adapter and it found the livebox but again would not connect to the internet!!!

Slowly pulling my hair out (If I had any) and don't know what to try next. Even tried the instalation cd that comes with it on the new computer but all I get then is it comes up saying that it is aborted because OS system is not supported.

I now wish that I had paid for someone at Orange to install this for me and let then have the headache.

Please any more ideas anyone. I really can't beleive it that I have the connection on my old modem but using the livebox I then cannot get a internet connection even though it finds the livebox no problem. 

I can't check this as I no longer own a Windows computer but have you looked at your internet connections in 'Control Panel' to see which default connection your PC is using.

It may be worth removing all the old connections (disable rather than remove) and starting afresh. You will need to note all your access codes before doing this.

Its a brand new pc and I could not find any default settings etc. Its just I can't understand it as the pc connects to the livebox no problem but then wount connect to the internet. You don't have to wait a certain amount of time or anything like that after purchase for it to work atall do you? I had the box plugged in for a while and we are supposed to be having the phone through the livebox but the light for the phone does not light up, well not yet anyway and we have had no call from France telecom to say that they are shutting down the line or anything!

Its doing my head in really it is, Bl**dy computers, Bl**dy livebox, Sometimes I wish I had just stayed with the modem at 512k but having a new all singing and dancing pc I wanted to up the speed and we have a netbook that we take around the house and garden so wanted the wi-fi.

Still any ideas, Anyone, Please come froward with your contributions to a worthy cause. Pretty PLEASE.[:(]

Enter your livebox at: http://192.168.1.1. If you are unable to enter your livebox wireless, then use a cable. User and password=admin,admin.

goto "wireless" , disable both security and mac filter.

Now try again. If this works, switch security back on and try again, if that works switch mac filter back on and check whether the mac address of your computer is in the list. If necessary, enter the mac address manually.

[quote user="Thebiga"]

You don't have to wait a certain amount of time or anything like that after purchase for it to work atall do you?

[/quote] Contact France Telecom and ensure that your broadband connection is actually switched on! Yes it can take a few days for them to activate it. The fact that you have your Livebox doesn't mean that someone in France Telecom has flicked the switch to connect you. That's the first thing I would check before proceeding with any diagnostics because if the line isn't connected at FT's end then no amount of fiddling at the PC will resolve it.

I think that our broadband connection is fine as we are still using our original 'Orange' modem but our speed has gone up from 512k to about 4.7 mega. We have had the box about 10 days now and they did mention in the shop that it could be 15 days for the telephone but the internet should be fine to use! They also did say that we would be getting a text sometime but this maybe just to say they are turning off the phone so we can then use it via the livebox. We were going to give it another say 5 days and try the livebox again. If we get no joy then I think that a phone call to someone maybe on the cards.

Thanks for all you information people and will keep you up to speed to say if we ever get anything through the livebox.  

[quote user="AnOther"]The new livebox 2 does not allow you to turn off everything. If you turn the Security mode to 'No Security' it automatically enables MAC filtering [geek]

[/quote]

Ooh boy, what a great help in troubleshooting this Livebox 2[:(]

Although the idea behind this mechanism is good, it assumes nothing can ever go wrong with the livebox, only with the user.[+o(]

Archived