Complete France Forum

sfr-neuf internet---perso cessera?

hi,

My french is poor..73 years and I amalittle lazy to start now .

I have had neuf inernetmodem  since 2004.

As you know SFR TOOK OVER LAST YEAR AND SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN BOMBARDED WITH THEM TRYING TO SELL THEIR SERVICES FOR TV ./TEL/INTERNET ETC.

HOWEVER, ALTHOUGH a small saving could be made ,for my wife's sake I keep france telecom ,as in event of power failure and an emergency arose ,then she has a tel.line.She does not like mobiles before someone suggests that alternative,

Today I have an e-mail stating votre service pages perso evolue etc.and I have to respond before 15mai.

Has anyone else had this letter and could they explain what it is all about.

Thanks.

I am not a customer and you really havnt written enough to go on but my guesses are:

Your personal pages service has evolved. - I expect you couldnt give a flying wotsit and have never used them which leads me to the next bit.

Cessera is the future tense of to cease so your personal pages will cease, probably if you dont respond before the 15th. 

Watching the french league cup final but had a quick look at the SFR Site and SFR forum site; In effect the Neuf and Cegetel subscribers will be transferred by migration to the SFR site; this migration will be completed on the 15th may 2010. the following link gives details of the modus operandi of the rationalisation of the SFR service: http://pages-perso.sfr.fr/?sfrintid=HPA_inform_theme_txt_evol-page-perso

No idea how you manage your email BUT emphasis is made to the necessity to repatriate any data that you may have on either the Neuf or Cegetel sites; if you dont you will lose the data. I am with Alice so I have no idea of the details of the SFR changes BUT they may entail a change in your email address although this may not necessarily be the case.

Small technical point; you say you have a modem during the previous 6 years; it seems incredible that any one in france would not have a modem/router with an included  Wi-Fi facility and free fixed line telephone service as well.

The procedure for migration apparently depends on the "box" you are using. There are links for the various possibilities on the following link.

http://rapatrier-vos-pagesperso-vers-sfr.fr/

May I suggest you consider and inform on your plans as there is no great rush.

I note a subscriber to Alice posting on the Bicycling Forum about the Zimbra Gestionnaire changes; the flawed advice he received would appear to have largely contributed to him/her losing everything on the FAI server including his/her photos.

Thanks.

Re it seems increditable for anyone in France not to have a modem/router with an included wi-fi faciliy and free fixed line telephone.

There are still people I know who do not posess even a computer...................a very useful tool for most   but not all ,especially the older generation who have managed quite nicely without one

.I am just within reach of France telecom's Haut debit 512, so I joined Neuf , bought their  very small modem,which I think was re-imbursed after I began using  their service .(Prior to that I had  a land line and plugged in with providers such as Tiscali.fr)

Separately I paid for France Telecom fixed line as I worried that in the event of an internet failure by Neuf ,if I had elected to pay them also for the tel. land line ,as well as the  modem that I would have no phone line available.

So I pay for the FT land line as my wife does not like mobiles in the event of an emergency ,if Neuf had a problem.

Wi-fi is of no interest to me as I amthe only one in the ouse using the computer and why walk around the house with your lap top if you do not need to??

I now have a wi-fi given to me by my son ,so when he visits he can sit in another area with his laptop etc.

I REALISE THAT A FEW EURO per month is saved by switching completely to SFR/neuf for internetand phone ,but as explaned above this is not a solution or my wife.

Archived