Complete France Forum

Excellent service from sfr

As most people post to have a moan about their internet or phone provider's assistance services, I thought I'd post a cheerful tale for a change.

OH lost one of our mobiles. As soon as he came home without it I suspended the line via the sfr website and ordered a replacement sim card. The card didn't arrive, so I dug around the sfr website & found a phone number. My call was answered by a helpful chap after only a couple of rings and 'press button blahs'. He checked out the problem, apologised for what appeared to be a website glitch and ordered me a new card which arrived 2 days later.

I then couldn't activate it via the website. I suspected operator stupidity could be the reason, so I rang the helpful number again (Saturday lunchtime) and this time a charming young lady sorted it out. It took her some time. She was extremely polite, warning me she was going to have to put me on hold and checking she had my landline number in case she had to call me back. Once she found the problem the phone beeped into action straight away.

We ended with a cheerful chat about the weather.

My Neufbox got fried in a thunder storm the other day. A phone call to SFR (again, really nice chatty chap) and a new box was at a shop in my local village two days later. Really impressed, not least because they believed me when I said I had run all the tests in the manual (Alice used to make me jump through hoops before they'd believe anything was either their fault or an equipment failure) and that I knew it was the box causing the problem, but also for their prompt and friendly service. A mile away from tiscali/alice who were useless and refused to compensate me even when I and several people in the neighbourhood were without internet from them for nearly a month.

I have a neufbox too, and I chose them because when I was looking at the offers and had a lot of questions (most of them probably seeming daft to any geek) they had a freephone line where you could speak to someone. The guy was really helpful, and also held on whilst I let puppy out for a pee!

WELL I bought neuf modem only about 6 years ago ,the small CT361 model I think,but when I had a lot of problems connecting I rang for assisstance but when I got an English speaking technician I was told they were only allowed to speak french and they were so busy that I had A MAXIMUM OF 10 MINUTES /CALLER!!!

I eventually contacted french telecom as I had their tel. line for emergencies, instead  of having an internet and tel.provided by same company.

The FT guy connected me after a few problems and as I was their customer did not charge me---------------.that's what I call service .

Now sfr have taking  over Neuf I did request a new box but no reply.

My son has now given me a Billion box he had spare.

• 1 month later...
Well they've done it again... been really helpful and efficient!

We suddenly had no phone and no lights on the modem but the internet was OK.

A call to their general number 1077 from another line gave no 'tech help' option, so I went for 'résiliation de contrat' and got put through straight away. A cheerful chap tested the modem & concluded I needed a new one. He apologised that I would have no phone via the box during this time,

but as I was able to borrow an SFR modem from an absent friend's house that wasn't a

problem.

This was last Thursday, on Tuesday I got an email and a phone message telling me it was at the local collection point. 

Have to agree that sfr's service is excellent.

Ordered their new package 3 days ago, were told it would be sorted in 15 days time.

Received the neuf box yesterday, had a minor storm, then the net and phone ceased working. Assumed it was an FT problem.

Then received a letter the next day from sfr saying the service was connected the day the box arrived.

So within 3 days everything is up and running perfectly.

Also have unlimited international calls and the line is far superior to Oranges.

Unfortunately there are around a thousand or more SFR users round here that don't think the same. The local SFR cell phone mast has only just started working again having been down for nearly three weeks. The mast covers about 3 villages and Quillan, a small town. The 'local' SFR store at Carcassonne has been inundated with phonecalls and people demanding it be fixed.

Our Neuf system installed about a year ago was all in place several days early. I went with my neighbour to get her the same package a few weeks ago and it was all working within 3 days. We've had no problems at all, apart from once it stopped working, and someone on this forum suggested unplugging and starting again, which did the trick. I'm also happy with all the free international calls. So far, so good, and the storms last week didn't interfere with the phones or internet, thank goodness.

Archived