Complete France Forum

I have used adsl tv for several years  to watch French television on my PC.

I have no other TV, but with a 27" HD screen, a reasonable souund and graphics card already in my PC and speakers with a bass unit (about 40€ the only extra ) I have a pretty good alternative.

I can also use it to play CDs, DVDs, listen to streaming music with Spotify , Deezer, or listen to BBC radio, and of course using one of the wheezes mentioned in other threads I could watch iPlayer or itvPlayer...

Can't help on the laptop, since I use a PC.  Mine is bog standard Acer

http://www.01net.com/fiche-produit/fiche-technique-923/desktops-acer-aspire-e380-2b7l/

I have a iiyama  HD screen (ordered from Amazon fr) (there are 24 and 27 inch versions)

http://www.01net.com/fiche-produit/fiche-technique-7302/moniteurs-lcd-iiyama-prolite-b2712hds-b1/

Altec speakers with a separate bass unit.

adsltv for streaming (French TV) Find out about VPN tunnels for UK

VLC as media player

Spotify  for music

and deezer as an internet site.

I stress that this is in no way a 'state of the art ' configuration.

The final joy is that if you have no TV and only watch on the Internet you don't have to pay the French licence fee (tick the box on your tax return)

[quote user="NormanH"]I have used adsl tv for several years  to watch French television on my PC.
I have no other TV, but with a 27" HD screen, a reasonable souund and graphics card already in my PC and speakers with a bass unit (about 40€ the only extra ) I have a pretty good alternative.

I can also use it to play CDs, DVDs, listen to streaming music with Spotify , Deezer, or listen to BBC radio, and of course using one of the wheezes mentioned in other threads I could watch iPlayer or itvPlayer...

[/quote]

A fine software product and FREE and used with VLC another excellent FREE product; both french incidentally. It is important to remember to remember that ALL the french ISPs, except ORANGE are associated with ADSLTV and the software should be configured to the particular ISP on installation to get a superior stream to yoour PC. The association of FREE the ISP is closer and gives plus 100 TV channels from the same server. The preferential TV channels will appear at the top of the Channel selection scroll menu. The ADSL TV programme also allows simple recording of programmes without hassle with playback with VLC.

Archived