Complete France Forum

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Can't think why he's suddenly interested in Motors TV, Frenchie! [:D]  ...... [Www]

I get it from Canal + - it used to be part of the basic subscription but now it's an add on which includes Eurosport.

[/quote]

AH ok...  But if I want to get it on the digibox ?

[quote user="AnOther"]It's 413 on a Sky box but unfortunately it's a subscription channel and I'm not sure you will get it with the £20 card, maybe someone with one can say for sure. [/quote]

[quote user="cooperlola"] I get it from Canal + - it used to be part of the basic subscription but now it's an add on which includes Eurosport. [/quote]

Motors TV is not available on the standard card but is a subscription channel on Sky now, it was free for a while until you got hooked, then . . .

Don't know about Canal+ how does that work? is that a subscription?

Thanks for your answers.

So if I want to pay for Motors Tv ( as a suscription channel) , what do I need to do? And how much is it ?

About the addiction, JJ, Guillaume watched it in the UK two years ago , and now, having been to Le Mans last week end, he's got the bug for life, I'm afraid !! [:D]

From Canal+ you need the basic package plus the add-on which gets you Motors, AB Motors and Eurosport (possibly others but I only ever watch the channels with motor racing on them!)  Costs about 30€ a month with the rented box.  Don't know about the other French satelite providers though?  I'm thinking of changing as I'm not really a fan of their service - it was got because it had Motors and we don't have an aerial so it was the only way to get the French channels when we moved in.

Jako may now know more than I about this but certainly the basic Canal+ package stopped giving me Motors about a year ago and demanded that I upgrade or lose it.  Things may be different with Orange, I don't know.

I's a bit complicated with Orange, but when you live in an area where adsl-TV is not available ánd TV is included in your Orange ADSL subscription then you can get the card and receiver for free (with deposit) but you need the extra "sport" option for motors TV  currently at  € 10,- a month.

Motors TV is only available on satellite, so you will not be able to get it with Orange if you have fast ADSL or  fiber.

Just checked Canalsat:

You would need at least a 4 star subscription with sport option for € 31,90/month  "seulement" for Motors TV to be included.

Take out a subscription to Sky using an address in Britain and a British bank account.

Or pay over the odds to one of the companies over here that do the work for you,  but which by definition are sailing close to the wind (and that's putting it mildly) as far as Sky's terms and conditions are concerned.

That's a pretty good idea JJ, I'll check tomorrow if I can get it with my neufbox.

I won't invest money in a dish and a subscription with Canalplus, ( as it would be only for motors TV ), I have enough channels between French TV and the free UK ones I get on the digibox..

Merci à tous for your answers.

Archived