Complete France Forum

I am sure that not long ago if you had an ebay account with ebay.fr for example, you could use your log in details for ebay.co.uk or whoever, ie login details shared.

I want to sell some things on ebay.co.uk from here in France which that no Frenchman would ever want (ok, arguably very few English people would want as well unless they're an Everton fan).

Have I missed something, or am I going to have to create an ebay.co.uk account too?

It depends. There are some things EBay has problems with where for some reason you need to be in the country that you sell them from. There is a way round this by changing the language of your browser and the correct order of display. Its very simple in IE simply select Tools, Internet Options, General and at the bottom under 'Appearance' there is a button marked 'Language'. Simply click on this and add the country language, I guess in your case it should be English (UK) or something like that. You then get the opportunity to move it's place in the list and it needs to be first and it should work fine. The only problem is you may find you then have a problem with the French site so you will need to change the order back again. If that does not work then you need to delete the other and put it back when you have finished. Around 85% of EBay UK works fine but there are one or two sections where you need to do this and its the same for France. See my link below except in your case its the other way round.

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1375073/ShowPost.aspx

Archived